Coming from a well renowned brand, the Black and Decker LSWV36 claims to take the leaf vacuum mulcher experience to new avenues through battery backup, easy convertibility between modes and a range of other useful features. If coupled with excellent basic functionalities, these additional benefits can make this product a game-changer in the market. Whether it really does so, and whether it does so without displaying serious compromises, shall be the focus of the following detailed review.
The Black and Decker LSWV36 is perfect for…..
People with large gardens or golf courses, courtesy of the powerful motor and the inbuilt lithium ion battery. People with extensive concrete patios, etc. can also use this product as the leaf vacuum and blowing features can handle such areas with ease. The low noise output allows the product to function in hospital gardens, etc.
- Lithium Ion Battery
With an easily rechargeable 40V rechargeable battery, this product can be used to clean out areas where an electric supply is not available. Notably, the battery does not add bulk to the leaf vacuum mulcher, and thereby ensures that you can cover large distances with the product without succumbing to fatigue. Finally, the Energy Star-rated charger asks for only 1 hour to charge the battery from nil to full.
- Dual Power Modes and Two Operating Modes
Ensuring efficient management of energy, there are two power modes – maximum run-time, which allows the product to work for a long time without needing a battery charge, an maximum power, which focuses the available motor capacity to create a shorter but extremely powerful leaf mulching action.
Each of these can be used with the two operating modes – blower and vacuum mulcher. Further, switching from one mode to another is as simple as moving a switch from one position to another.
- Excellent scraper with built-in blow tube
In case you are working with matted leaves after heavy rain,
you can use the special blow tube with a built-in scraper to ensure that the leaves are properly taken up in the attached bag. Coupled with the excellent overall design, this allows the product to service all types of surfaces.
- Low noise and lower weight
Compared to gasoline blowers, the product comes with a low noise rating of 65dBA. Evne better, the product weighs only 6.9 pounds, which is remarkable for a product having an attached battery.
For the garden owners who have a large gardens or golf courses,….This machine is the best choice.
Compare BLACK and DECKER LSWV36 with similar leaf blowers
|BLACK+DECKER LSW36||See It||4.7||120||4.0|
|GreenWorks 24252||See It||3.3||150||4.0|
|GreenWorks Pro GBL80300||See It||8.9||125||4.5|
|Toro PowerPlex 51690||See It||8.4||150||4.0|
Pros and Cons
- Powerful battery with multiple power modes allows for a customized, efficient operation. Such operation is enhanced by the two operation modes.
- Switching between operation modes is easy. When such switching is carried out dynamically in a large field, it becomes easier to collect and remove large masses of leaves quickly.
- Good design dynamics ensure that the product can work in concrete/cement environments and also work with matted leaves after heavy rain or snow.
- The product makes little noise in comparison to gasoline or other types of leaf mulchers, making it ideal for low noise environments like hospital gardens.
- Some products come with a third intermediary operating mode, aimed at vacuum only environments, for removing dust from patios, etc. This option is not available in this product.
Black and Decker seem to have made a trade-off between a third operational mode and the inclusion of a lithium battery, but this does not mean this leaf vacuum mulcher is any less a masterpiece than the crème a la crème of the three function mulchers. Indeed, with portability, low noise and great versatility, the Black and Decker LSWV36 is capable of working in myriad environments without disappointing anyone.