Combining good power with handling convenience is a rare feat among gas leaf blowers. Hence, to find the Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower providing not only this useful combination, but also an auto-reset switch appears to be too good to be true. Whether indeed this is the case, or whether Hitachi has carried out an uncharacteristic act of cutting corners, will be analysed in the detailed review below.
- Powerful 2-stroke Engine with PureFire technology
As anyone in the best gas leaf blower industry would tell you, a 2-stroke 1.13HP engine is the maximum limit to which a blower engine can be expanded without making it difficult to carry around. Not only does this Hitachi product provide such a powerful engine, it ramps up the engine’s capability by providing it with a 23-9/10cc commercial-grade capacity.
At the same time, the product’s use of PureFire technology ensures that emissions and noise coming out of the motor are reduced. These allow it to be used in areas falling under the strict CARB regulations, eg. California.
- Great Blowing Speed and Tube Enhancements
Not surprisingly, the excellent motor is capable of providing blowing speeds of up to 170mph, which makes it ideal for removing small branches, twigs and heavy leaves that may be present amidst the light debris.
This speed is further accentuated by the tapered nozzle, which concentrates the rapid air flow into a narrow area, thus enhancing its efficacy.
- Excellent Clearance Capability
Combining all of these features, this product can achieve up to 441 CFM, which is among the highest for this class of leaf blowers. Indeed, this massive clearing power, along with its ability to run for a long time without suffering from mechanical faults, allows the product to be used in large lawns, golf courses and other areas where the leaf cover is dense and fuelling stations difficult to reach.
- Convenient Handling and Auto-Return Stop switch
Weighing a mere 8.6 pounds (more lightweight than an electric leaf blower like Toro 51609), this large gas leaf blower’s streamlined design ensures that the user has no difficulty handling the product. Such utility is further enhanced by the presence of a large throttle switch that can be operated using two fingers.
Last but not least, the product comes with an auto-return stop switch that can reset to the “on” position to simplify startup and use of the device.
What I Like
- PureFire technology and 2-stroke engine combine to provide sufficient power with excellent noise and emission reduction.
- Excellent speed combined with great clearing power makes the product ideal for large tasks involving massive surface area.
- Tapered nozzle allows the unit to concentrate air, thus improving effectiveness.
- Auto-return stop switch, two-finger throttle and a simple, lightweight design combine to provide excellent handling, even when working for long hours.
What I dislike
- Tube is somewhat on the shorter side, making it difficult to reach areas like high hedges, etc.
While the gas leaf blower is expected to be powerful, the Hitachi RB24EAP 23.9cc 2 Stroke 170 MPH Gas Powered Handheld Blower clearly raises the bar in terms of speed, ease of handling and clearing power. While the shortness of the tube is a small grouse, it can be overlooked in favour of the excellent all-round functionality in a majority of scenarios, thus allowing this product to be an ideal companion to anyone clearing a large lawn or field of thick fall leaf cover.Shop now at Amazon.com