Boasting of an extremely powerful impeller and a vigorous motor to match, the WORX WG509 Electric TriVac Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum appears to be one of the most versatile leaf vacuum mulchers, at least in terms of capacity and variety. However, equally important for a mulcher is the provision for handling difficult areas and doing so through varied modes. To see if this product passes this test while living up to the standard we’ve come to expect of a venerable company like WORX, we need to review this product in detail.
The Worx Trivac WG509 is perfect for……
People with a huge amount of leaf debris and the need to recycle it into mulch to be used to fertilize the gardens would find the product’s excellent impeller indispensable. Furthermore, users with lots of narrow spaces would find the special features for accessing such areas useful.
Compare WORX TriVac WG509 to similar electric leaf blower vacuum mulchers
|WORX WG509 ||See It||9.3||210||4.0|
|Worx WG507||See It||11||220||4.5|
|Toro 51619 Ultra||See It||8.5||250||4.5|
|Black & Decker BV6600||See It||14.85||250||4.0|
Worx Trivac WG509 Review
- Great Speed Changeability with 3-in-1 Functionality
With a maximum speed of 210 mph, the product is ideal for removing large amounts of leaves, even those that have become matted due to moisture. What’s really interesting though is that the product has a decent minimum speed of 75 mph, and users can move between these two by degrees depending on the area being catered to. Hence, while large areas can benefit from massive air speed, narrower areas and delicate plant beds would perhaps benefit more from the slower but still powerful speeds.
Interestingly, the product is capable of managing such speed interchangeability in all three modes – mulcher, vacuum (without mulching) and blower. This is true even when the modes are changed rapidly using the simple one-switch mode shifting system.
- Trivac 2 Stage Mulching System
Paying special attention to the mulcher, WORX WG509 Trivac has provided a 2 stage mulching system, in which the first stage comprises of rapid leaf shredding using a special high velocity shredder blade. This is followed by the use of the metal impeller, which ensures that the already small leaf pieces are further reduced in dimensions, thus allowing for easier carriage of mulch in the carriage bag.
- Great vacuum volume and great motor capacity
Given the importance of the tube capacity in deciding the leaf vacuum mulcher’s capacity, it is heartening to see a vacuum tube with 350 cfm volume. Interestingly, this volume remains the same when the mulcher is applied to tricky areas such as under patio furniture or in and around closely packed shrubs, etc.
Furthermore, with a 12 amp motor this powerful beast can maintain the necessary vacuum power needed to match the 350 cfm capacity, thus ensuring a sustained performance.
- Leaf to mulch ratio with large collection bag
Coming with a metal impeller to reduce the leaves to ultra fine mulch, the WG509 WORX Electric Trivac Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum can achieve reduction ratios of up to 18:1, thereby allowing an entire garden of leaves to be packed into a small volume. Coupled with the 1 bushel capacity of the collection bag, this makes the product ideal for large gardens.
WORX WG509 Electric Leaf Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher is all in one system: Blower/Vac/Mulcher and do much more that.
Pros and Cons
- Two stage mulching ensures extremely fine mulch that can be used easily as manure in the garden, or collected from the large 1 bushel bag to be sold to those needing mulch.
- Powerful 12 amp motor combines with 350 cfm tube capacity to ensure that leaves are taken up rapidly, even when the product is working in uncongenial environments.
- Mulch is stored even more easily courtesy of the 18:1 leaf to mulch volume change, which ensures that the bag can hold an entire garden’s worth of mulch.
- Excellent speed variability allows all these features to be used both in large open areas (with 210 mph maximum speed) and small areas (where 75 mph is better).
- Despite offering the possibility of working in large gardens, no lithium ion battery has been provided, which makes it imperative to draw large power lines to keep the product in operation.
While the WORX WG509 Electric TriVac Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum may find working in environments with poor power supply difficult, it is true that the product is otherwise an all rounder that can blow, vacuum and mulch in virtually any condition, and do so in a manner that reduces huge amounts of leaves into mulch in a very short span of time. As such, whether one needs a specialist leaf vacuum mulcher for certain narrow or hard to reach areas, or simply requires anmulcher that can handle large volumes come autumn/fall, this mulcher can be a great companion. You can also check the Worx WG505 vs WG509 here