Makita XBU02Z 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Leaf Blower Review
Landscapers and homeowners are demanding more cordless units’ alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor gardening power equipment. Makita seems to be meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless such as the XBU02Z 18V X2 tool only.
When considering a Makita XBU02Z 18V X2 most reviews question making a 36 V system powered by two 18V batteries. It forces users to buy two batteries of one. In most cases, a landscaper may not need a 36V tool, but Makita has connected the two Lithium-Ion batteries in a series to double the voltage, and users don’t need to buy into another battery platform taking advantage of it.
More feature worth mentioning includes the nozzle telescopes set in three different positions with a twist and lock design. The blower is fitted with two charge indicators under the handle. The two batteries are used to run the blower, shutting offer early if one of the cells is less in charge than the other.
The Makita XBU02Z 18V X2 balance and grip are both excellent with the batteries installed easily held and used with one hand.
Makita 18V X2 LXT Brushless Leaf Blower Specifications
- The Makita XBU02Z delivers up to 29 minutes blowers runtime powered 15,800 RPM using two BL1850.
- Designed with two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries equivalent power and runtime of a gas-powered blower.
- The blower generates a 6-stage air velocity and volume selection coupled variable speed control trigger with a maximum air volume of 473 CFM and a maximum air velocity of 120 MPH.
- The blower has no load speed 11,400 t0 21,500 RPM with a sound pressure of 96 dB(A), zero emission and reduced maintenance as no need for gas and oil.
- It designed with an in-line fan design that offers better toll balance and improved ergonomics with an overall Length: 38-3/4’’ and weighs 9.9 lbs with the batteries included.
- Cost $259 and comes with a tool warranty of 3 years.
If a user flips the blower too high the power feels crazy-good when working on any lawn. Users can easily extend the runtime with a pair of 5.0 AMP hour batteries by cleaning the shop on lower settings. Dialing it down dirt, leaves and sawdust hits opposing walls and gets blown up quite a distance when there is no place to exit.
The unit can move winter dropping around more efficiently compared to other blowers. It is easy to move every single leaf off the grass surface getting the majority of them into a pile for cleanup.
Makita XBU02Z 18V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Blower balanced airspeed and volume creating a blower that can move heavier debris. Users enjoy the outstanding blower’s ergonomics. Most homeowners are excited to know how the model compares to a gas blower. The Makita 18V X2 LXT Brushless Blower handles most of the tasks at home and job site and ability to dig both board and narrow leaves out of the grass for cleanup.